Sunday, October 29, 2006

My Day

Ok so my day didn't go exactly as planned but it was fine. First of all, something came up and Brother Taylor wasn't able to come. Secondly, our pastor was feeling under the weather and didn't think he could preach. Please pray for him he's 78 now and for the past 2 or 3 winters he's been coming down with something that lays him up for at least a week. Thirdly, Dad preached. Well anyway we had our Spaghetti dinner today. Mom went into the kitchen to re-warm the sauce and came back in during song service. I was up front helping lead song service and I noticed mom start laughing and then Zach started too. I didn't know why they were laughing. When I got back to my seat I found out why. Mom realized that there were no noodles. The lady who was in charge of getting things together had forgot to assign someone to bring noodles. So mom realized this in the middle of song service and couldn't help but think how funny it was. To top it off she told Zach and he started singing "If they only knew we had no noodles..." to the tune of the song we were singing. That's when they really started cracking up. Anyway Mom ran to the store and got noodles so we had our spaghetti after all. After the dinner we ladies helped clean up and dad took the boys to Micah's baseball game. They won! 8-3 It was pretty good they are getting better. Now I am sitting at the computer writing yet another post on my blog. We don't have service tonight. We didn't get away from the church untill pretty late and pappaw's not feeling good at all so he cancelled service tonight. Oh yeah Dawn isn't sure if she is going to get to go to Ladies Retreat now. So I might just be without a ride! Mom and Dad are going to be out of town that weekend. Do any of you guys know who all is going from Lynchburg? If Dawn really doesn't get to go I may have to talk to someone from up that way about meeting in Lynchburg and catching a ride. I hope Dawn gets to go she has really been looking forward to it. Well anyway that's about it for today. So Long.

5 comments:

Jess said...

Oh, I hope that she gets to go. Did she go last year? I can't wait.

Sister Charity said...

Dawn had to work last year and didn't get to go. I hope she gets to go too. She's my ride! I can't wait either. I heard that Sister Smith is going to be there again this year. How fun!

Jess said...

Oh, okay. I couldn't remember if she was there or not. Yeah, I heard that Sis. Smith is going to be there. It just wouldn't be Retreat without her there. Talk with ya later. Love ya girly.

Amy Anders said...

I still don't know if I'm going to get to go or not. I doubt that I'll get to go since for me and Mom it would cost $160 and I just got back from the Youth Retreat I want to let my mom go this time because she deserves it.

Sister Charity said...

Ouch. I hope things work out so you can come. It won't be the same without you. We'll have to pray for the Lord to provide a way for both of you to be able to come.