Thursday, October 26, 2006

As you can probably tell by my title I have been writing poetry. It wasn't by choice. It was an unavoidable assignment that my grammar/English course tortured me with! I don't really hate poetry. I can write poetry....Sometimes. I have to have inspiration. I'm not one of those lucky creative people who can sit down anytime they want and write out a flowery sonnet. So anyway today I had to write two poems with two verses in each poem. Each poem had to have a different rhyme scheme. I thought I was never going to finish. Last night, we ate dinner at the church. We met two of our church ladies and had dinner together before church started. We had tacos mmmmmmmm. It was fun. I've also been diligently slaving away over a church report to send in to Sister Melanie. I never know what to write in a church report. As you can tell I've had a pretty normal day and don't really have a lot to say. So I'm going to give you something to do. Everybody out there, prepare your minds to write a poem on my comments! I'll read them all and pick my favorite to post on my next attempt at blogging. Do you accept the challenge? I dare you to try!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roses are red violets are blue my socks smell so whats new!
how about that? :-)

Amy Anders said...

Alright Mr. Cox, that's cheating it's someone else wrote that. Cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater! :-)

Ok, I'm not going to except the dare because I CANNONT WRITE POETRY!!!!!!!! Call me chicken but that's not my talent that God has given me. I know who can write poems left and right and she's wonderful at it! Michelle Rhodes. Her blog site is... www.hannahsprayer.blogspot.com ask her for some poems.

Anonymous said...

I just made that last part up off the top of my head. I have not heard it that way (yet).

Tammy Washburn said...

Larry, Larry...where art thou?
My super hero veggie pal.
Oh no! I see thee and thy fate
Sliced and diced upon my plate!

Ha! Tammy Washburn :)

Tammy Washburn said...

The key to writing poetry or anything else is to write about what's going on in your life. Like...

It's no fun
to write a pun
when I want to run
in the sun.
Now I'm stunned
'Cause I'm done!
Bye, Bye!

Just go to a toy box. Pick out a toy and write a poem or better yet a Bible object lesson about it. We used to do when my kids were little. It's fun!
Tammy

Sister Charity said...

You guys are awesome. I'll have to say that that wasn't quite what I was thinking Beau! Sister Tammy you are super creative. My poem was more along the lines of Dick and Jane. :) Amy I'm sure you could come up with something!

Amy Anders said...

I can tell that Alena takes after her mom with writing poetry! I think that is such a wonderful gift to be able to write poetry!!

Tammy Washburn said...

Only problem is.....I can't do math very well. It's embarrassing to wiggle my fingers and toes at the bank...especially if I'm wearing sandals!!! Ha!