Monday, October 23, 2006

Howdy

Hello once again to all of you busy bloggers. I had a wonderful weekend and am starting into another week of school. I had piano lessons Friday and they were not so wonderful. :-( I played everything just fine untill piano lessons started. I couldn't help but think that Handel and Mozart would be rolling over in their graves if they could but hear how I murdered their beautiful pieces! I kept messing up for no apparent reason and couldn't play a single measure without botching it! Even my Hymn ,which I had been playing very well, was not up to par. My piano teacher has been teaching me for 11 or 12 years and was very understanding. She said that even the best pianists have off days. I'm far, far, far, far, far from the best so I guess I can have a few off days as well! After piano Micah had a few friends over for cake and ice cream. After everyone left it was clean up time. Then we practiced our song for minister's convention one last time. Saturday morning came early and we had to get on the road because convention started at 9:30. We were getting ready to pull away from the house when John and Dawn pulled up behind us. We had a convoy. Mammaw and Pappaw pulled into the parking lot at Lynchburg just a few minutes after we did and we all went into the church together. It wasn't planned. It just happened that way. Minister's Convention was such a blessing. The Convention Quartet, minus Sister Smith, sang after lunch and they did a wonderful job. Brother Jared said that we ought to cancel the rest of the program and just have a singing. :-) He is funny! You all should hear him talk about how much he loves his wife! However funny he may be, he is still a wonderful preacher. It was also nice to fellowship with some friends during lunch break. There is a wonderful spirit of love and fellowship in The Church of God that you can't find anywhere else. After convention ended we stood around and talked for a long time. The next day, Sunday, we had Brother Jared preach the morning service. He once again preached a wonderful message and we enjoyed it very much. Now for the big surprise. We had a"graduation program" for Micah that night at Church. The VLB's were in charge of the service and Tim came down to preach for us. Then we had snacks and fellowship afterwards. He had Chelsey and Kaitlin ride down with him to keep him awake and we had a good time visiting. It was a lot of fun. That morning Pappaw had announced that, Brother umm, Brother umm, well that regional youth leader guy" was coming for service that night. Then that evening Dawn forgot his name and thought for a moment before coming forth triumphantly with "our evangelist." It was pretty funny. John and I were just cracking up both times. Well that's pretty much it. Oh, wait a second, I want to know who anonymous is! They are not who I thought they are and it has me stumped. I give up! Please show a little kindness and satisfy my curiosity! Otherwise I might have to put it where nobody can post anonymously!

7 comments:

Amy Anders said...

You crack me up with your posts. I think that the anonymous is Boa Cox. He's so mischevious. I'm not sure but he did the same thing to me.

Anonymous said...

I am disapointed with you Charity
not figuring out who I was.
Have fun.:-)

Jess said...

You are so funny. I wish that I could word things the way you do. You make everything sound so funny!!

Anonymous said...

I will take that as a compliment.
:-)

Anonymous said...

Ha!Charity Beau got you that time!(Beau I have to hand it to you thats awesome that you can trick Charity like that.)ok Charity I Really liked the ministers convention to.Oh yeah I liked Micahs party to.Well ta ta for now:-)

Sister Charity said...

Amy - You are right as usual. Beau is anonymous. grrrrrrrr Jess - I'm not really that funny. You on the other hand keep me LOL. Beau - you had me stumped. Someone else I know had teased me about posting anonymously on my blog and I was sure it was him! Beth - welcome to blogland.

Anonymous said...

you know..Dustin asked Tim down for a revival next month, and I think we'll remember to forget his name too!

so bad~:P