Thursday, October 12, 2006

Hello

Good Evening, I've never had a blog before so this is a first time effort of a completely computer illiterate gal! Okay about me, myself, and I. I'm a Christian. That is first and foremost in my life. Secondly, I have four younger siblings. Alot of people think that is strange. Not in the least. It makes life interesting. God is completely trustworthy in every area. He does a great job of choosing your family size. Thirdly, I'm homeschooled. Doesn't that fit? Fourthly, I am a little crazy. Just enough to be interesting. And last but not least, I'm a covenant member of The Church of God. So now that that's off my chest it's down to business. My life in the last week has been pretty nice. Last Friday and Saturday I got to go to Youth Retreat. It was great. The theme was a continuation of our camp theme here in the Virginia's, "Keep the Flame Burning." Our camp theme was, "Acquire the Fire." The retreat started off with the regional VLB director, Brother Tim, introducing all the pastors that came out and our new regional Overseer and his wife and giving them a chance to say something for the Lord. Then we had our evening service. Tim played the piano, and Amy led the singing. Next, Brother Jared preached the message and had an alter call. I was really happy to see Eric Hogan get sanctified. He had gotten saved at camp. After service we had pizza and cookies. When I came out from changing I was surprised by Tim announcing that it was my birthday. Everyone sang happy birthday. Then we went out to the gym and played basketball and volleyball. While we were shooting around I played a game of one-on-one with Steele Williams. He is so tall it is impossible to win. So we play awhile and he gets me in a corner. Well I try a little trick, I try to flip it over his head and spin around him and grab the ball again. One problem; I forget he is so tall. I hit him right in the face. Ouch. After we play a real game of basketball we give volleyball a try. It was alot of fun. The next day we had cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Then we had a class. Sister Ginger was the teacher. Then we had a service. Brother Tim preached this time. All too soon youth retreat was over. Oh well, on to the next adventure, Apple Butter! That's this weekend . Then next weekend there's Minister's Convention. Our family has to sing at that. We are as usual far from ready! Wednesday we had VLB service at church. Our local VLB leader, Sister Dawn, did a pretty good job. Wait, Wednesday was yesterday. Every day this week I've been working on my school. Well I've only got one year left after this year and I'll be finished. Yee Haw! Well anyway if you're in the Church and you stumble across my little blog please leave a comment. Well, if you're homeschooled that's okay too. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

October birthday people!! YAH!
I've seen Steele play b-ball at BTI..u sure u didn't beat him?