Sunday, October 15, 2006

Apple Butter!

Hey, hello, hi. Apple Butter was yesterday and as usual it was alot of fun. We left for Catawba Church around 9:00 and got there about noon. Our local VLB leaders got the day off from work and followed us up there. Dawn and John had to leave early so there were really only 7 more helpers. They were really short-handed this year so they were happy to see us. They put the apple butter on at about 3 in the morning and it cooks all day. There has to be some one stirring it constantly. So we took turns stirring, visiting, playing football, taking naps (if we could sneak away), playing four square, and stirring some more. The apple butter didn't come off untill around 8 or 9 that evening. When you are tired you get crazy. So we had alot of fun when we got toward the end. We were so happy when it was ready to come off! Then we had to wait for the other pot to come off. After everything was done and put away we drove back home. We got back home just after 1 am. Then we got up by 8:3o this morning to get ready for church. Now Mom is taking a nap and Dad is studying for tonight. The boys are watching a football game and Beth is watching a movie and I am typing away. I know this is pretty short but nobody reads my blog anyway so who cares? Of course I wouldn't mind if someone were to prove me wrong!

2 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Sister Charity, Welcome to Blogsville! I guess I will prove you wrong, but only because I stumbled across your blog. ~smile~

Let me introduce myself. I am Tammi Adams. The wife of a retired Air Force Master Sergeant turned pastor/regional/national overseer in The Church of God and a former homeschooling mom. We live in Vernon, BC, Canada.

I loved reading about your apple butter experience at Catawba. We lived in Oklahoma, 3 years ago and I flew out to help them do apple butter. Apparently, the humidity was much lower then than it was for you guys yesterday because we were comepletely finished by 7:00 P.M. when I helped. It was a great experience for me and I hope to go back out and help again in the near future.

The more blogs that you visit and comment on, the more comments you will get from a plethora of people in The Church of God.

Sorry to take up so much space. Visit my blog sometime and just follow the links and meet tons of likeminded people. God bless you!

Jess said...

Charity,

Yes, we where happy to see you guys. We would not have been able to bing the kettles off if you all had not been there! Thanks for all your help.

I'll guess I'll see you Saturday. Right? Love ya girly.