Thursday, April 10, 2008

A great revival!

I have been so busy lately. Two weekends ago we had our VA/WV Ladies retreat. It was wonderful. Sister Betsy Cox was our evangelist. She flew into Richmond airport so mom and I got to pick her up and take her to retreat and then take her to the airport after the retreat ended. We really enjoyed the extra fellowship time! My Aunt Kathy was able to come to the retreat this year and she had a good time. Mom, Sister Betsy, and Aunt Kathy roomed together and had a great time. I mainly hung out with them. They are so much fun for a bunch of OLD ladies!!! ;-p I love Ladies retreat because you can get away from everything and just concentrate on you and the Lord. My favorite time every year is probably hide-away time. The only thing is I have a favorite spot I go every year and it was wet so I had to find a new spot. This past weekend was our youth revival. We had ours a little early to kick off youth emphasis week. Beau Cox, or should I say Brother Buford Cox the third, was our evangelist. It was his first revival and he was really nervous but with God's help he did a wonderful job. Our young people liked him because he was a young person and our older folk liked him because they like just about everybody. Nathan and Brother Mike McDonald from the Palatka FL church drove up with him. Tim, Adam, and Critter came over on saturday and spent the whole day with us. We had a good time of fun and fellowship with them. I had to moderate the revival and you want to talk about nervous I think I was just as nervous as Beau was! God is good though and he helped both of us. Tomorrow we are going to Roanoke church for their youth revival. Brother Hawkins is the evangelist. I'm really working on the VBS stuff I want to have evrything done by the beginning of May so maybe I can go to BTI this year. We are praying about it. Anyway I probably need to go now. Later......

1 comment:

bj said...

Hey! whats goin on? o wait i just read wat is goin on... ok well how are you then? lol glad to talk with ya! I bet you did very good at moderating! ok ill ttyl bye!