Friday, January 12, 2007

Too Busy to Blog

Hey everybody! I know all of y'all are probably thinking ok what's her lame excuse for not blogging this time but, I actually do have a pretty good excuse for not blogging. I simply haven't really had time. Of course there is also the fact that Beth and Micah have discovered some kids site and are on as often as they can get permission. Then there is the fact that dad has been downloading something again and you really can't do anything when dad's downloading. It all adds up to a very poor excuse for just being too busy to blog. Someone not too long ago remarked to me, "Blogging is supposed to be about your daily life." Well my comeback is this, "I Charity Baldwin in my full senses and right state of mind, if any state of my mind could actually be right and some people could argue that I probably haven't be in my full senses for years, nonetheless, do hereby initiate a new state of blogging, WEEKLY BLOGGING, or more often if I have the time and actually want to use it blogging." How does that sound? O.K. so I might not post for 2 weeks or so every now and then but weekly is a whole lot easier than daily. You mean old person who insisted that blogging was supposed to be daily. You know who you are and you have no room to talk! Anyway with how busy I've been I don't really have much to say except that I've been bugging all of my VLB's about going tubing and guess what it's paid off! I sent in the form yesterday, and we had 10 names on the list. YEEHAW! Moreover they are excited about it! Of course you guys know that we make up 7 of the names but that is still 3 more than we usually get. Tonya and T.J. Sandy and Amber are coming! Yeah! Oh right, I also spent several hours being walked through uploading pics by a friend of mine and it was to no avail. At least now I know that it wasn't my fault. My computer is kinda messed up so I can't download pics until my friend figures out what could possibly be wrong with it. Thanks anyway, Josh. In other news I had piano lessons today and they went over pretty well. Oh yes, yesterday we had some Bible study during school and I am totally convinced as to the usefulness of my study Bible. It has a strongs numbers next to main words in each verse and in the back it has a strong's dictionary and a lexicon! Not to mention several other study helps! I love it! It has everything together and makes studying more convenient. Anyway studying the words in the original languages really makes the meanings clearer. For instance We were studying Matt. 5:1b-2 and I decided to look up what I thought was a fairly small word because it happened to be underlined in my Bible. The word was came. Pretty straightforward right? Wrong. In the Greek language the word meant and implied, "to come to worship in one mind and accord with the one you are coming to and the other worshippers." It implied several other things as well that simply amazed me but I can't remember everything now. I was certainly glad I didn't pass that word by because it was small. It opened up a whole new understanding to the meaning of the verse and made it a lot clearer. I would encourage every one to get a Strongs Concordance and a Hebrew Greek Lexicon if you don't already have one. They are very valuable to anyone who enjoys studying the Word. I guess I started teaching there. Well anyway I need to go. I was going to go with Daniel to hand out tracts. G'bye.

3 comments:

Jess said...

I agree. I'm going to be luck to post once a week. I like the weekly blogging plan. Later. Love ya. I may see you at your district convention. I'm not sure yet, but not snow tubing. I have to work. UGGG

Sister Charity said...

That stinks. It would be great if you could come to our District Convention. That isn't until March though.

Anonymous said...

I am planning on coming to the convention. Even if I have to take off of work. Slide down a hill for me. Later