Saturday, January 20, 2007

Hello

Hey everyone. Ok so my life in the past week. (Some people are just glutton for punishment!) LOL. Anyway, I enjoyed my quiet Saturday last week and am enjoying another fairly quiet Saturday this week. Sunday we had a good service at church. That evening the Sandy's were back again. Tonya and T.J. came and spent the night with us. We had a good time. The public school kids didn't have school Monday or Tuesday. Monday was Lee/Jackson/MLKJ Day and Tuesday was some sort of teacher work day. When we got home from church Sunday night we decided to pull out the glow in the dark football and walk the not quite a block to the Libray field and play a game of football. It was just after midnight but no one had school the next day and we were very quiet. We didn't talk except in our huddles and then we whispered. Anyway our team, Zach, T.J., and I, just got the kickoff and Zach ran it back for a touchdown. The other team wasn't happy with that so we were going to kick it off again when suddenly our eyes were blinded by a bright light. A policeman was standing there holding a light almost directly into our eyes so we couldn't see anything. He then said, "I was just checking to see if you had an adult with you. Because if you hadn't you would have been in big trouble with me!" We used to have nice policemen in Crewe that were actually from our area and could connect with the people. Now they have started importing foreigners that don't know anyone. When we had first started playing I had seen a car drive up and sit in the parking lot for about 5 min. before they drove off. Dad said they must have been the ones who called because none of the neighbors complained. We went home and played quieter indoor games untill we finally headed off to bed. The next day we had a good time playing cards and hanging out. Later that afternoon we went to the baseball field and hit and fielded the ball for a while. I'm usually not too good when it comes to baseball but I actually did really good that day. When Bro. Tony and Sis. Gayle picked the kids up they stayed for dinner. Then we played games and laughed and laughed together. We always laugh when we get together. Anyway Tuesday we had to go to Richmond for an Ortho appointment. We did some shopping and errands that needed to be done. Then Wednesday we had VLB service. I used the title " It's time to clean house!" It went pretty well over all. Then Thursday I had to work at Mammom's. We got cell phone upgrades in the mail that day as well. The new cell phone is really cool. It has a camera and bluetooth technology. It's pretty neat. I do like our old ringtone better though. Friday we had piano lessons and I did fairly well. Today I am having a quiet restful day. Tomorrow I have to teach Children's Church and then the young people are going out for pizza. We are going to have fun. One last thing... Only one week till Snowtubing!!! Yeah!

2 comments:

Amy Anders said...

You're going to kill me for this but... I can't go snow tubing this weekend! I'm so disappointed! When my nephew was born last Friday, we left my mom in Alabama to help my sister out. So now this weekend Dad and I are going back to get her. Dad said I could stay and still go snowtubing, but Dad's going to dedicate him on Sunday while we're down there so I'm going to go with him. Hopefully I'll see you guys at the Youth Convention, maybe even at ya'lls District Convention.

Sister Charity said...

You are so right, I am going to kill you!!! Just kidding... Maybe. Anyway at least you'll get to see your nephew dedicated!