Friday, January 05, 2007

Happy New Year!

Ok so it's kinda late to be saying Happy New Year, I mean it's the 5th already, but I'll say it anyway! Happy New Year! Ok so this might be another late past-due post that I frantically write away at hoping somehow to redeem myself from my positively hopeless state of non-blogging. But if it's anything I hope it's interesting if not somehow somewhat entertaining. :-) Please forgive all use of improper punctuation and spelling. Grammar is definitely not my strong point! Though I have to say that I'm getting a kick out of this new spellcheck system the new blogger has. It's a lot more convenient than it used to be. Anyway to stop this aimless rambling and terrible waste of time, how did your New Year's go? Ours went well. We had a Watch Night Service at Church. It went really well. We had 3 sermons, a lot of singing, several testimonies, and even a couple of auxillary boosts! Grandpa called Sunday afternoon and told Mom and I both to get a boost together for WMB and VLB. Not fun. I must have looked pretty funny up there behind the pulpit, my hands gripping the edges of my new study Bible so hard my knuckles were turning white, stumbling over my words, while my knees knocked fiercely together. Yep a pretty entertaining sight! Though I have to admit that I must have done a pretty good job of hiding my nervousness as no one seemed to notice. Amy, I did get pictures of our service but as usual this terribly dense, when it comes to computers, girl once again could not get her pictures up. I followed the directions exactly crossed all my t's and dotted all my i's but still it doesn't want to cooperate! I think that computer geek that Becki Horne is always talking about is up to his old tricks again. Or it could be that I am even dumber than I myself comprehend. Somebody please help me! I really really want to post a picture but this computer won't let me! Someone should give me simple step-by-step directions that anyone can understand so I can at least figure out if it's me or my computer! Ok I'll calm down now. Anyway back to New Year's. After the service we had snacks and fellowship. The Sandy's were there. We had a great time. Tonya came home with us and spent the night. The next day New Year's we had a big supper. The rest of the Sandy's came and Pappaw came. Mammaw wasn't feeling to well so Pappaw carried a plate home to her. We had a great time with the Sandy's we hadn't had them over in a long time and we used to get together all the time so we really enjoyed our visit. (Wow, talk about a really long run on sentence. What can I say I have a gift for it!) Anyway they didn't leave till fairly late. Wednesday was VLB service but our pastor decided to send everyone up to Lynchburg instead. Brother Carter was there for a 2 night revival before Men's Retreat. I have to confess that since I was appointed as the local VLB leader I've only conducted one VLB service. That sounds terrible but it can't be helped. We didn't have service the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, then in December we had play practice one night and I was sick the next, then this Wednesday we went to the revival. Everyone was very happy to resign my teaching for Brother Carter's annointed preaching including myself! Brother Tony and T.J. drove up with Pappaw to the revival. They seemed to enjoy it. T.J. of course sat with us kids. He seemed to enjoy the service. Now I found that I'm repeating myself. Anyway I had a not too bad but I've done better day at piano lessons. This afternoon after I finished School and before I left for piano I mixed up a batch of cookies for Dad and Zach and Daniel to take with them to Men's Retreat. I should have had just over 4 dozen but when we packed them up to send I found there were only 31 cookies. I'll I have to think a while to figure out how that happened. hmmmm :-) I didn't have time to make more so the boys only had 31 cookies to take with them. Oh well, they'll have plenty without the cookies. Micah is excited because he is the "man of the house" and gets to take care of us girls. It's pretty funny. You think he would feel left out but he couldn't wait for them to get out of the house. Anyway this weekend it's just Mom, Beth, Micah and I. It seems really quiet without Zach continually blowing his trumpet or his harmonica. Or Dad and Daniel coming up behind some unsuspecting victim and tickling them and poking them. I kind of like the relative silence although the I would miss them if they were gone any longer. I remember what Daniel said before I left for Ladies Retreat when Mom and Dad were gone. He said, I'm going to miss you Charity." I asked him why and he replied,"because Bethany can't cook very good yet." Today he says, "I'm glad we get to get away from all these women." I think he would miss us if we weren't around. Anyway, I probably need to let everyone get back to there normal every day lives now. Oh yes, curiosity compels me to ask who all is coming on the youth snowtubing trip the 27th? We are all planning to go. I hope it works out. It's going to be a lot of fun!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charity,
I have forgotten your e-mail.
I prob haven't told you mine
Remember my yahoo address but change to @gmail.com

Jess said...

Hey,

I'm back....check it out!

Unknown said...

when both "boys" leave our house, my mom and I look at eachother and let out a sign and say "finally, quiet!!!" and go to our seperate sides of the house and enjoy it. boys can make so much racket!~:D
~little sister:Alaena~

Jess said...

I can't go on the 27th. I have to work. It is the end of the month and that means we have to count everything again.

Amy Anders said...

I'm going to try to go Charity snowtubing. Not sure yet for sure but I think that I'll be there. Can't wait to see you all there!!!!!!! Love ya girl!