Saturday, December 02, 2006

Nee How Ma!!!!

Hey everybody I'm on my blog on our computer! We are still having a little trouble with it but at least I can get caught up with everyone. Ok It's been quite a while so I guess this should be a long post. (You got it I am going into talk mode and if you know me you know that means I can talk for hours and hours to anyone including people I hardly know just as long as I feel like they really want to hear what I have to say but in writing I can talk for hours and hours whether anyone really wants to hear what I have to say or not!!!!) (How's that for a super long run-on sentence?) Ha! So anyway just to let you know "Nee How Ma" is mandarin Chinese for "Hello How are You." Ok first subject. Thanksgiving! Pull out the turkey and dressing don't forget the cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie; it's Thanksgiving!!! Or rather it's over a week past Thanksgiving. :-) We went to Aunt Darlene and Uncle Ted's house house for Thanksgiving this year. All of my Aunts on my Dad's side of the family were there. My Mammom and Pappaw decided not to come this year because it was really rainy and it's a two-and-a-half hour drive from here to there. I think they would have enjoyed it. Eleven of the fourteen grandkids were there. After dinner,you know the drill, we pulled out the Rook cards. Baldwin rule #1. Always, always, play Rook whenever the family gets together. It's not really a rule, it's actually more of a tradition. We played several hands of Rook, I was always on the losing team. I havn't figured out why yet. Hmmmmmmmm. Oh well, we all had a lot of fun. After we got tired of Rook we decided to play spoons. It was fun. We never actually finished that game because a couple of Brent's friends came over to meet his family. :-) They were nice kids. It was getting later by that time so we decided to head home. That weekend Micah's friend Arthur came over to visit. He likes coming to our church. I had to teach children's church that morning. I was also asked, at the last minute, to be in charge of the Christmas play this year. So we spent part of CC going over songs and assigning parts. We are just doing a little nativity this year. Next year maybe something bigger. Monday and Tuesday we did our regular school. Then Wednesday we did something different. The boys had been raking an older lady's yard for her and then Wednesday they did Mammom and Pappaw's yard. So Mom, Beth, and I went into house cleaning mode. Why not? The house really needed it. Then Thursday we tackled our yard and did more work on the house. I cleaned all the cupboards. (Why do they make cupboards with all those little creases and things? They make them really hard to clean!) Friday I went to Mammom's and helped her clean the house. Pappaw was trying to glue the head back on this little duck and he kept asking, "Why isn't this glue sticking?" So someone looks over and says, " No wonder it isn't sticking that's neosporine Brother Baldwin!" It was pretty funny Mammom and I just laughed and laughed. At about 2:15 or thereabouts Momma picked me up and took me to piano lessons. I got stars on every piece! Yeah! Then when Beth finished her lesson she picked us up and dropped me off at Mammom's before going home. When I got back it was time to help her decorate her yard. It was really warm and I couldn't help but think that last year we had been all bundled up and still were cold. This year I was wearing short sleeves and sweating! Weird wheather. It's usually pretty chilly by this time. It's so warm outside that I'm having a hard time realizing that it's already December! Anyway we finished most of the outside and started on the inside before I left to come home. Then I went back over this morning and couldn't believe my eyes. The carpets were a mess! Mammom had decided to make a new wreath and dropped things all over the floor. I had to do a lot of my "first works over again." Today I got upstairs and started cleaning up there. There really wasn't much I could do upstairs untill we finish decorating and put the boxes away but I did what I could. We also switched all of her rugs today. And started a little of the inside decorating. We quit early because Mammom and Pappaw had to go somewhere tonight. Anyway I'm pretty much caught up now and tired of typing! ( talking is much easier than typing!) Someday I think I'll have a VLB service relating cleaning house to the Christian life. Anyway that's it I'm done! Good night!

2 comments:

Amy Anders said...

hey can you e-mail me at rednckgirl1989@yahoo.com when you get a chance please!

Anonymous said...

Wow, it has been awhile I talked to you. I had to take a drug test today.....we shall it was interesting, but we haven't gotten the results back....to my knowledge there will be not drugs. Talk with ya later.