Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Hello

Ok I know I haven't posted in a while but as I said before our computers are not cooperating. Well I guess the first topic should be VLB service last Wednesday. I was told it went well. I was really nervous at first but started feeling more comfortable after I got started. I spoke a little on Deliverance since that is the VLB theme this year. I took it from a little differant perspective. I focused on how to avoid coming under bondage in the first place. I used the "taking thoughts captive" concept from the Basic Seminar and the "mailbox" visual aid from the Children's Institute. I related all this to deliverance by showing that when we accept one of the lies (bad thoughts) of the enemy we are actually choosing to believe that lie. When we choose to believe the lie of the enemy we open ourselves up to more lies. The more lies we believe the greater the "stronghold" the enemy has in our life and the more we find ourselves bound. I tied Zach up with a rope to show how we are bound. We are saved so much trouble and heartache if we only choose to believe the Truth of God's Word in the first place. To avoid being bound we must fill our hearts and minds with God's Word. God's Word is also a big part of our deliverance. I ended the service with a challenge for our young people to memorize at least 2 scripture verses a week. If we fill our minds with good things we will automatically reject the bad. That is just a quick overview of my first VLB service. Friday night we squashed 7 people into little car and drove up to the Cooper's house for Lynchburg's fall festival. We had a lot of fun. Mom and Dad got home early Sunday morning. They couldn't stop talking about how much they enjoyed their trip. Most of what they talked about was the the fun they had with the Cox's. They said we would really have enjoyed it. We all wished we could go but that would defeat the purpose of their getting away from us kids wouldn't it? Maybe another time. We had a guest speaker at Farmville Sunday morning and evening. Brother Taylor came over and spoke. Sunday morning we just started our first song when a lady runs to the altar from the 2nd or 3rd pew from the back. She just wept and wept and when she got up she had been gloriously saved! Praise theLord! It was a a wonderful thing to see. Yesterday night Mama, Pappaw, and I drove up to Roanoke for their revival. It was worth the drive. Brother "Arkansas" Smith was the evangelist. There was a sweet spirit there. I really enjoyed it. Oh yes one more thing. I have a serious conundrum! Thanksgiving is on Fast Day! What do we do? I have a feeling we are just going to fast another day instead. We are supposed to be going to VA Beach to my Aunt Darlene's for Thanksgiving. They really wanted us to come up this year so that's what our plans are. Well I have got to go. I'll catch up with the rest of blogland later when I get a chance!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful service. I hope you all have a safe trip. I hear the revival has been going well. I only got to go Saturday night. Glad your parents are home safely. I can't wait to see the Coxs over Christmas! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Love ya, girly.

Momma Tammi said...

Let me guess...you have been to the Gothard seminars...right? I've been to both. It has been a while since I looked at the books though. Sounds like a great service. Praise the Lord for the new soul won to God. That is wonderful and we need to see more of it. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Sister Charity said...

Hello everyone I got a chance and decided to say hi. :-) Jess- How did your job interview go? Did they find any "drugs" in your system? :-) Sister Tammi- Yes I have been to the Gothard seminars. Our family is in fact enrolled in the homeschool program. We enjoy it.