Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Details

Hey everybody! I was recently asked why my last post was only four sentances long. My reply was as follows, "Both of the computers are not working right." One of them will go on the internet but then turn off right in the middle of what you are attempting to do. GRRR Right now I am sitting at the library using one of the library computers. The library is a full block from my house. :-p I'm grateful that it's no farther. But anyway, about that retreat. Ladies Retreat was wonderful! I thoroughly enjoyed it. Dawn got to go. She really got her victory on Friday night I hadn't seen her face so radiant in a long time! I roomed with Chelsey and Katlin. We had a great time. Katlin didn't really know me that well before the retreat. Now she knows me all too well and thinks I'm crazy! I have news for her, I think the same thing about her! Well Saturday we had classes and TAP groups. That's Ladies Retreat lingo for Talk And Pray groups. I really enjoyed my hideaway time on Saturday afternoon. I went out in the middle of a bunch of trees and found my own little spot to sit and pray. Then it started to rain and I had to run for cover. That night we had a great move of the Spirit. I think all of us ladies had gotten prayed up so we were ready for God to move. There was a wonderful prescence of the lord there. You could feel it even before service started. I had been feeling burdened down over differant things that are happening in the Church and some family situations. Most of you know that besides my immediate family and my grandparents none of my family is in the Church. I've really been feeling a burden for them. Well Praise the Lord I got the Victory! God is gonna move in His Time and there is absolutely nothing that any man, woman, or child can do to stop Him! A lot of people got really good blessings on Saturday night. We were in service for over three hours! Isn't God good? Not only did we have a great time spiritually we also had a lot of fun. We had so much chocolate at retreat that Chelsey, who is a chocolate lover and has frequently told me that there is no such thing as too much chocolate, told Katlin and I that she'd had too much chocolate! I can't tell you all about a lot of the stuff that happened. Hey I have to protect the innocent! But I will say that Sister Bishop is a riot! She is very funny and also a lot of fun. But she can preach! Well I'm back home now and back at my school. Mom and Dad are in the Bahamas. They went on a cruise for dad's 50th. Aunt Debbie is staying with us youngins. We are having a good time. Pray for me on Wednesday. It's my first VLB service and I'm super nervous. I'm working on the service and I think I'm doing ok so far don't know quite how I'll do in front of an audience though. Lord Help Me!!!!!!!! I'll let ya'll know all about it after it's over an done with. Oh yeah I read what I had written the other day about being the new VLB leader and thought I had better make it more clear. Dawn and John did a wonderful job. The only reason they aren't doing it anymore is there work schedules are really hectic and thay can't get to Wednesday night service. Well that's about it except next Friday night is Lynchburg's fall festival and we get to go! Aunt Debbie is going to take us. Mom and Dad will be in Florida at the Cox's that night. They're not coming home till the next day or perhaps I should say really really late the next night maybe even so late as early Sunday morning. :-) Well I need to get out of here Beth is waiting for me.

3 comments:

Tammy Washburn said...

Charity,
I KNOW you can do VLB's. You are one smart and talented gal! Just pray and let the Lord guide you. I started doing Children's Church at 14 and VLB's at 18. You go girl! We have Youth Retreat this weekend and I hope we have chocolate there too. Sis. Bishop is a wonderful lady.
tammy

Anonymous said...

So, that means that you guys are coming Friday night. Yeah!! I was wondering if you all where coming. Now, I know. Anyway...see ya tomorrow night. I have to go get ready for English class....great just what I've always wanted to do! Love ya.

Tammy Washburn said...

Jess! I bought some of your apple butter. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Homemade is better.
tammy