Saturday, December 09, 2006

Hello Again

Someone informed me that it was time for a new post. As if anything I write could actually be interesting! I think I've had a pretty good excuse for not blogging but some people just don't see it that way! Ok, I've been on my back with my foot up in the air since Wednesday. Is that a good excuse or what? Why have I been laid up? Well it all started at lunch time Wednesday. Beth rushed past and knocked me over. I fell into a trash bag that was sitting on the floor. One of the boys had put the top of a can into the trash and it sliced into the top of my toe. Then I tripped and hit my toe against the wall. Ouch! The toe was badly hurt and the top of my foot was swollen up. I spent the rest of the week forced to inaction. I thought I was going to go insane! I remember telling one of my brothers,"this enforced inaction is driving me insane!" Anyway, we had one of our church ladies over for dinner last night. We had a good time. I taught Mama how to play Dutch Blitz and she loves it! You should have seen her go! We are getting ready for our church banquet. It is this Sunday night. In years past we have had Brother Smith and Brother Jerry Anders as our guests. This year that was impossible. Our new Regional and District overseers, Brother Jared and Brother Horton, both were to busy to come this year. So anyway Pappaw said, "why don't we invite that Cox guy you know that youth guy to come be our guest this year." So Pappaw called Tim up and he's coming. Pappaw never can remember Tim's name it's usually pretty funny. Last Sunday I came out of SS class to find some good friends of ours had come in! The Sandys have been good friends of ours for years. We all used to go to Kenbridge church before all the mess that happened over there. After that big split most of us came over and joined Farmville. Tha cogop overseer gave Bro. Sandy a church to pastor so he went to the coast. After what happened in the cogop assembly they resigned their church. Now they're "looking." I hope they come on over! They have two kids Tonya and T.J. Tonya is two weeks younger than me and T.J. is between Daniel and Micah in age. I think they might be coming to the banquet tomorrow. I hope they do! Next Sunday we are going to have our program and open gifts. The kids have been working really hard. They look so cute in their costumes! I can't wait till it's over though! Too much pressure! Anyway I heard from Pappaw who heard from Brother Jared that we might be using the cogop campground for camp this year! It would be really great if we could! The cogop camp has an indoor gym! Basketball here I come! Not for a while yet. :-) My EMT neighbor has strictly prohibited me from overdoing it! Oh well. :-( I'll be completely better soon! Then watch out guys your competition is back! I've actually not been playing very well lately but I'm going to practice as soon as I can. Oh wow can you believe it I'm rambling again. I guess that's the sign I need to stop! Wait a second there was something I threatened to post. Nahhhhh I'm not going to. (Scared you didn't I!) G'bye!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

nope not scared at all. :)

Sister Charity said...

I got a comment I most have posted something "interesting!"

Momma Tammi said...

Charity, you are hilarious. Sorry to hear about your forced inactivity though. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

You are so funny!! We are having our dinner this Saturday night. We are not doing a play this year. Roanoke did one....Landon was in. He was SO CUTE!! I hope you get better soon!! Praying. Love ya girly.

Unknown said...

my friend and her family always play Russian Blitz, so they taught me. The only problem is they are extremely good at it, and I am a newbie who is rather sad at it. Sooo, last time I was there I bought them Phase 10...a game I knew...and I taught and beat them. What goes around comes around~:D
We should bring Russian Blitz to the Assembly and play this year.

Anonymous said...

Hey, How is your foot? The drug test you asked about a few days ago....I passed it. Yeah, I know that is a shocker. JK. Anyway I start work on Monday at the Coke plant. I actually have a cool job, well at least I think it is cool. I get to work with LOTS of numbers!! Later. Let us know how you are. Love ya girly.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess,
what do you do at your new job?

Sister Charity said...

Wow I don't check my blog for a few days and WHAM I get bunches of comments! Sis Tammi- prayers answered I'm hopping around almost as good as new. Alaena- Blitz? At the Assembly? Sure why not! We played it all the time when I was in Singapore and Malaysia. Jess- Yeah I'm glad you got your job! By the way I hope you're talking about the stuff you drink and not the drug! :-) Beau- How are the little ones feeling today? We are praying for ya'll. Everyone- One thing I forgot to tell everyone is that my brothers have been calling me "Gimpy," "Hopalong," and Bunny rabbit." You can figure it out!

Anonymous said...

I have a slight cough. Josh,Nathan, Caleb,Noah,Mary-Frances,Ruthanne, and Abigail have somthing like bronkites(I do not think I spelled that right) But Mom Is going crazy over everything. Thanks for the prayers they are much needed.

Anonymous said...

Beau,

I will be counting bottles of coke-cola and other coke related products. Yes, I'm talking about the drink. I'm going to miss you guys again this Christmas!!

Charity,
I hope that you havwe a wonderful Christmas. Love ya.