Monday, December 18, 2006

Another Past-Due Post

Once again I find myself sitting in front of the computer aimlessly punching away at the keyboard. And once again I am way late! You really must excuse me. I have been very busy. Last Sunday wehad our banquet. We had a great time! Tim was there as our guest and Chelsey came with him to keep him awake. I was of course more than pleased with that arrangement. Then Amber came in. She had a guitar recital and wasn't sure if she was going to be able to come. I was happy she was there too. Amber and Chelsey know each other so that was no problem. We sang songs and read some scripture then we had dinner. The Sandys came in during dinner. I was glad they came but Tonya was really acting strange around Chelsey and Amber. She wouldn't talk or be herself. She was driving me insane! Why do some girls act that way? I guess she was nervous or something but I didn't know what to do with her. Anyway, Amber and I had to work on some songs for the play so we went in the sanctuary and I got on the piano and she pulled out her guitar. Then T.J. comes in and I sent him to get his mandolin. Then he started playing with us. Then Bro. Gene pulled out his guitar. Then Tonya comes in and starts singing with us. Then Tim comes in and chases me off the piano and takes my spot then he let me back on and chased Amber off her guitar and played for a while then he let her have it back. He kept saying,"I wish I'd brought my bass." We wished he had too. Anyway we had fun but I think Chelsey kinda felt left out. She doesn't play an instrument. I hate making people feel left out. I sat with Chelsey the rest of the time. We played games and Tim spoke a very few minutes. All in all we had a good time and I think all 3 of my friends felt included over all. Why do some girls act weird when they meet new girls? I really don't understand. This past week we have been pretty busy. We went shopping Tuesday and we've been cleaning and baking every other day besides that I was getting all the last minute things done for the play. We had practice Wednesday night, and I had my last piano lesson for this year on Friday! Yeah! This Sunday evening we had the play it turned out fairly well except one of my angels sat down in the middle of the play and Jenny had to tell her to stand up. Not a problem except for the fact that her mike was still on and we could hear her whispering,"stand up" over the speakers. Siane still wouldn't stand up. It was rather funny. Anyway that was pretty much the only mishap this year. Last year we had a real baby play Jesus and he pulled himself up and looked at the audience and waved at everyone! That was funny! Anyway I must say that I'm relieved that the play is over and there were no major mistakes. Today Dad, Pappaw, and Mom are going to Richmond for Dad's Cardiologist appointment. This Doctor is really frustrating because every time Dad goes to see this guy he's feeling fine. So the Doctor won't give dad his full disability because he doesn't think Dad's really sick anymore. Our family doctor sees dad all the time and knows that he is still sick. Anyway this doctor is really intimidating so pray for my Dad today. I probably need to go. I've got a huge mess to clean up in the kitchen from all the baking we've been doing. I've also got to study for VLB sevrice Wednseday night and do some other things too. Oh yeah we gave Mom her present early and she loves it! We got her a KitchenAid mixer. Our last mixer got broken. Beth was making cookies and dropped her spoon in the bowl so she reached her hands in there to get the spoon without turning the mixer off. To make a long story short, her fingers were badly bruised and the mixer was wrecked. She's learned a lot about mixers since then and she's getting better at making cookies. Anyway I need to go. G'bye

2 comments:

Tammy Washburn said...

My sister accidently got her fingers stuck in a regular hand mixer by talking on phone while mixing. It broke her fingers and she had to wrap her hand, ALONG WITH THE MIXER in a towel and go to the emergency room!

One time I leaned over and plugged the Kitchenaide mixer on, but didn't realize that the switch was turned on. When I plugged it in...POW!...the mixing paddle twirled and socked me in the jaw! I was bruised for a week!

Sister Charity said...

Ouch! Pretty funny Sister Tammy. Dad said "imagine reaching out to shake someone's hand and they have a mixer stuck to it!" That's what he calls being attached to your work!