Monday, October 29, 2007

Youth Retreat!

Youth retreat was wonderful! We thoroughly enjoyed all the fun, food, fellowship, and teaching. Not to mention the wonderful sermons brought to us by Bro. Jared and Tim. Bro. Jared preached on "Get up and win the race." It was a good message. Tim preached on "We have a Great God and that is why we can finish the Race." Of course those might not be the exact titles of their messages but that's just my interpretation. Mom's class was "Racing to Glory in the Fear of the Lord." Sister Ginger's class was "Running in Holiness." They went along together really well. We didn't have a very large group this year. I counted 29 including the staff. (only the ones who stayed overnight.) That was kind of nice. Everyone was together all the time and everyone knew each other and was comfortable with everyone else. We didn't have to waste time getting comfortable with one another. We played Basketball, Four square, Volleyball, Football, Cranium, Apples to Apples, Scrabble, and Catchphrase. Cody Haffley is the King of catchphrase. Anyway There are many stories that could be told but I prefer to talk rather than type so I don't think I'm going to tell them on here. It would be really neat if there was this machine that you could talk into and it would type whatever you said. Maybe I'll get better with electronics and invent it. HMMMM....... Ok I'll let you guys get back to your lives now. Oh, Pray for me on Friday morning I'm getting my wisdom teeth cut/pulled out.

No comments: