Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Counseling Seminar

Hey everyone! I'm back!!!! I had a really exhausting week but I can truthfully say that I learned a lot. We had to get up by six every morning but mom always set her alarm for 5:45. When it went off it always woke me up and then I couldn't fall back to sleep before I had to be up! We had a very full schedule. We were in class most of the day. We got meal breaks and that was pretty much it. Curfew was at 10 but most nights we didn't get out of class till just before 10. By the time we actually made it to our rooms it was usually after 10. Then we would get ready for bed and study for the big exam on saturday till 11 or 12. Then start over again the next day. We had the exam on Saturday morning and........ I passed! Yay! I didn't think I was going to pass when i first turned my sheet over but I prayed and God brought things back to my memory. While we were at the seminar Mr. Gothard told us a funny story. He was driving down to the Counseling Seminar with a bunch of his headquarters staff and they stopped at crackerbarrel for lunch. As they were being seated Mr. Gothard noticed a young man across the room. This man had long hair and at first Mr. Gothard couldn't tell if it was a boy or girl. He had tattoos and piercings all over his bod and was wearing jeans that were really tore up and a black leather jacket. As Mr. Gothard noticed this he thought to himself that young man could really benefit from going to a basic seminar. Just about that time the man looks up and sees Mr. Gothard. He stands to his feet and runs over to him yelling excitedly, " Bill Gothard! You changed my life!" As the young man talked to Mr. Gothard he told him that he had attended 10 basic seminars and was now a youth pastor at his local church. We all thought that was so hilarious. Mr. Gothard told us that we can't judge a book by his cover but man does and we should always have an appearance that would bring glory to God. We stayed overnight with Brother and Sister Buckner going and coming and went to church with them on Sunday morning. Then we drove home Sunday afternoon and made it in time for church at Farmville Sunday evening. Today we started back up on our school schedule. Burkeville CoGoP is having a revival this week. An old friend of our family is the evangelist and we are going over there tonight. Tomorrow is VLB service we are still showing the assembly dvd's. Last week we had a business meeting. I have a new assistant. Sister Gayle Sandy. I think Pappaw said he was going to appoint Tonya to jr. VLB's and gleaners. I still have all the responsibilities I had last year. Dad is now the local CPMA leader. And the boys and dad are all ushers and Dad and Bro. Tony were appointed assistant pastors. Anyway that's about it for now except that Tomorrow is Noah Cox's Birthday and Saturday is Micah's Birthday. Anyway I'll probably have more tomorrow or maybe not!

No comments: