Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful day yesterday. Pappaw brought oyster stew over for breakfast yesterday morning and then about 5:00 Mammaw and Pappaw came over for dinner. Oyster stew is a Baldwin family tradition, we have it every Christmas. For dinner this year we had Roast Beef, (or as Bethany and Daniel call it, Roast Beast) mashed potatoes, Gravy, Salad, Rolls, and 2 kinds of Jello salad. We were going to have carrots and peas too but mom accidentally turned the wrong burner on the stove on and burned them. We had pumpkin pie for desert. We decided to skip the normal turkey and ham since we are having that with the whole family Saturday. After dinner Mammaw, Pappaw, Mom, Dad, Zach, and I played a few games of Rook. We had a good time. Mammaw kept getting bad hands so finally she switched seats with Dad and got a GREAT hand. I mean she got an excellent hand. Anyway we had a good time. Today we spent most of the day cleaning the house as the Cox's were supposed to be coming to visit tomorrow. Something came up and they will be coming Friday instead. So we will be doing our cooking for the family dinner tomorrow and our visiting with the Cox's Friday. We are so excited about their visit. Tomorrow I'll be at mammaw's cleaning house then I'll come back and do a little cooking for Friday and Saturday. Anyway I need to go. I should have a few stories and maybe Pictures if I can get them to work next time I blog. Goodbye.

No comments: