Monday, September 03, 2007

A wonderful Assembly

Hey! IYC was great! I made new friends and spent time with old ones. The workshops were great we got a lot of good teaching and training. I loved it. I felt like I was actually learning things that were applicable to my life. I learned new things. At regular camp you mainly get milk in the services and in the classes at IYC we were fed meat. The Assembly was wonderful as well. This year there was a spirit of unity that has not been there in the past. Sunday after IYC and before the Assembly I spent the day with the Cox's untill Mom and Dad got to Cleveland. It was great spending ime with them. The little ones were so happy to see me. They were literally fighting over who was going to sit next to me or hold my hand. I felt like a celebrity or something. I love those kids. The baby is getting so big. Soon she won't be a baby anymore! It was great hanging out with the boys too. Just about every night after we got back to the hotel we would go to the lobby and play Dutch Blitz. Aaron Brooks and the Williams kids found their way to the lobby by the end of the week. One night we had like 3 decks of Blitz cards going. It was crazy. I enjoyed seeing the kids from Midway, SC and the friends I had made at IYC like Megan Mack, Joleesa Nowling, Isaiah Peters, and TJ Orcino again. Megan and TJ worked in the Children's Assembly as ushers. I got to see them often. I was really busy this year at the Assembly. The VA/NC choir had to sing several times and our family sang plus I was in the IYC choir and involved in the Parade of Nations and the Children's Assembly. I really enjoyed the messages this year. I just enjoyed the entire Assembly. Every bit of it. The only problem is that it went by so fast. Anyway I have to go. Later.

No comments: