Thursday, June 14, 2007

Picnics and Sunburns

Hello everybody out there in blogdom! The Church picnic was great! The VLB's played lots of different games including, football, kickball, softball, badminton, volleyball, and croquet. We are getting ready for camp! I got slightly sunburned at the picnic. It doesn't hurt though because I'm Cherokee and it eventually turns into a tan. (reddish though that tan may be) Beth had her eye appointment Wednesday morning. Then that evening it was VLB service. It was Arise Shine day so I did a short commemorative program and then we had some games. I had originally planned it as a game night and then I realized it was June 13th so I gave everything a Church of God slant. Our sword drill was made up of familiar church scriptures such as the Spirit and the Bride say come, and My Dove my undefiled is but one, and others like that. It was interesting. Afterwards we had a time of fellowship and then we attempted to practice because our VLB's are supposed to be singing at the convention. It's impossible to practice unless Dad's there to make people behave. So we only attempted to practice.... Sunday evening or Monday morning we will be heading south, though not for the winter.... We are going down to FL to do the VBS! YAY! YAY! YAY! We are really excited and so are the Cox's. How many people get to go and spend time with their best friends and call it ministry? We do and it's going to be great! I guess that's about it we are really busy getting ready with VBS stuff and getting ready to go. G'bye

No comments: