Friday, March 09, 2007

"O what singing, O what shouting..."

The observation has been made that every time the Baldwins go to Florida we have an awesome service the Sunday after we get back. It's only happened twice but it seems to be true. Sunday morning we came back from the nursing home and as soon as you opened the door you could hear shouting and singing. It was great. Sunday School was evidently not even dismissed. We have a very annointed teacher in our adult sunday school class and we've really really been enjoying our lessons this quarter. Anyway she was teaching and then she started preaching and God started moving and there was a message and interpretation given and the Holy Spirit started convicting some of the folks that come all the time but aren't saved. One of our member's daughters who was raised in the church but hasn't been serving God for years was saved. She was so happy she was just laughing and crying and saying, "Bro. Frank I'm back!" It was great! I mean we really had a time. We even had a Victory March. It reminds me of that song heaven's jubilee. I remember some of our older members testified saying it's like old times! Now for a cute kid story as I promised.... The first night we were at the Cox's, Ruthie and Mary-Fran were fighting over who was going to sleep with me. Mary-Fran said, "I'm gonna sleep with you" so I said, "who's gonna sleep with Bethany?" She said, "Ruthie can." Ruthie interjects at this point, "No I'm gonna sleep with Charity!" Sister Betsy says, "Mary-Frances why don't you want to sleep with Bethany?" Mary-Fran replies, " I wanna sleep with Charity cause Charity suffereth long and is kind." That was their memory verse for that week and let me tell you I got the full effect of it! The guys are all like "Yes! we can do anything we want to to Charity and she won't do anything about it cause she suffers long and is kind!" I'm sure there are lots of other stories I just can't remember all the details. Oh yeah Caleb came to me when I was changing Abby's diaper and said, "Did you know, I didn't know this, but did you know that when Abby was born she was born with finger nails and toe nails?!" I thought that was hilarious he is right though it is wonderful that God creates babies with all their finger nails and toe nails! O that we could see through eyes of wonder like little children do. They can always see there is a Creator because their eyes behold the wonder of the creation! No wonder Jesus said of such are the kingdom of heaven! Well I'll write more later. Beth is wanting to use the phone.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I love those kids, but Ruthie is mine. She was the first one that I knew and then Mary-Frn warmed up to me, but when she is here is a grandma's girl.